Saturday, January 14, 2012

ABCD Charts

A, B, C, or D? Students love to play games! I try to incorporate several games into our daily routine. If we are working on a warm up, worksheet, or Social Studies Reading Passage I engage my students by starting game mode. As a class we read though the question and students then find their answers (A, B, C, or D) clip their answer, and hide it in their desks. When I see that all the ABCD charts are hidden, I then say, "Answers Up In 5-4-3-2-1!" Students then put their answers up in the air and we compare. This is a great way for students to work independently, play a game with their peers, and have the ability to see what answers are being given. This also leads to some great discussions.

ABCD Charts-Each student uses one chart and one clothes pin
ABCD Charts can also be made from Paint Chips