Saturday, January 14, 2012

Paint Chips

Paintchips- So many uses!!
Teacher Freebie!!! I love teacher freebies! Visit your local Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, Wal-mart, or any local hardware store to find a great teacher freebie....Paint Chips! Paint Chips have so many uses! Get Creative! I make my ABCD Charts with these as well as Measurement Charts (Inch, Feet, Yard, Mile--used just like the ABCD Charts, but for a Measurement Unit). More pictures and ideas to be posted soon!

When I go to these stores I do ask the associate if they mind that I take a few paintchips for my lesson. I usually try to have an example of what I am making, and they tell me to take as many as I want. Some stores will ask that you take colors that they have an abundance of in stock.  I also give the associate my information, or talk to their manager and have them let me know if they ever discontinue a color. I inform them to let me know, and I will take that color so it won't go in the trash!