Sunday, November 2, 2014

Tech Like a Pirate-Technology and Curriculum Conference ofAldine #TCCA2014


I am so thankful I was feeling up to going to the annual Technology and Curriculum Conference of Aldine #TCCA2014 this year! The theme this year was Tech Like a Pirate, which reminds me of the book Teach like a Pirate- which was actually mentioned during the Keynote Speaker's Speech! This conference was amazing! I wish it could have lasted a WEEK! I am already looking forward to next year's event! Here are a few new things I learned!

Teacher Kit- This APP is great! I am excited to use this for my RTI group; however, it could be used with a whole class as well. It keeps track of attendance, behavior, and different classes. You can also add notes and lessons to the app. I think this will help with my RTI paperwork, too. 

First In Math-Math Program! I am so excited to start this on my campus! I have a few teachers who have already started, and their kids love the program! I think it is great because schools can compete with all schools who use the program. Students can compete with other students in the program and even TEACHERS can compete with other teachers! I think this would be great for students to see their teachers compete with other teachers and motivate students to so their best too. I am excited to talk to the rep soon!


My Itech gave our school a Technology Challenge! One of the challenges was to get selfies with our presenters and friends at the conference! Here is my former co-worker, and friend Linda!




One amazing presenter and friend,  Google Extension Queen herself, Kelly!


Fellow Aldine ISD Presenter


Another great App- Nearpod! I am excited to use this with my small groups! They are thrilled about using the iPad!


Excited to see what next year's conference brings! I also learned more about Aurasma, Google+, many, many Google Extensions, Voxer, Q-readers, and so much more! I'll have my Hoverboard ready for next year, Back to the Future 2015!